The Jr. Quality Engineering Technician is responsible for performing a variety of quality systems and quality assurance related activities including creation and management of quality plans, non-conforming materials management, internal auditing, management review, procedure development and training, management of quality records, product inspection (Receiving, In-Process, and Final Inspection), and other duties as directed by management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in creation and management of process control plans from work instructions and AAP engineering drawings.
- To maintain internal and supplier CAPA responses to ensure comprehensive and effective solutions.
- To assist in the nonconformance management process.
- To support quality system related processes per ISO 13485 requirements with oversight.
- To support the management review process with data analytics under supervision.
- To perform inspection duties for incoming materials, in-process work, and final product prior to shipment to customers.
Related Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field, or
- Associates degree in a technical field with 2+ years of experience in a metrology related field.
Other Preferred Qualifications /Skill Sets:
- 2+ years of part-time, full-time, or internship / co-op related experience (cumulative, preferred).
- Basic understanding of drawings and specification (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of the ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 family of standards (preferred).
- Basic measurement and mathematics skills, including statistical analysis (preferred).
- Working knowledge of the use of calipers and micrometers as measurement tools (preferred).
- Working knowledge with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Minitab (or equivalent statistical analysis software) (required).
- Ability to conduct responsibilities independently or with minimum supervision (required).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (required).
- Strong attention to detail (required).
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting (required).
- Ability to demonstrate dexterity sufficient to inspection operations.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds routinely; 50 pounds occasionally.
Submit your resume here.